KTLangspec: EAL Consultant
Kamil is an experienced English as an Additional Language Coordinator, Teacher and Consultant with 18 years of English language teaching experience. He is a sought-after conference speaker, trainer and adviser on EAL matters to schools and a recognised strong voice for EAL and ethnic minority achievement.
- a member of the executive board of NALDIC (National Association for Language Development in the Curriculum)
- a member of the editorial team of EAL Journal, a NALDIC EAL magazine
- organised several events in the past: EAL Conference (Kingston-upon-Hull, 2016), EAL TeachMeet (Kingston-upon-Hull, 2015), PedagooHull (Kingston-upon-Hull, 2015)
- made appearances at numerous TeachMeets across the country over the last few years
- delivered EAL training to mainstream teachers at numerous conferences and workshops (e.g. TLT16, Southampton, 2016; NALDIC Conference, Sheffield, 2016; ResearchED York, 2016; UKLA Conference, Bristol, 2016; Aiming High for EAL Conference, Middlesbrough, 2016; Languages in the Globalised World Conference, Leeds, 2015)
- written on issues of EAL for journals (EAL Journal), magazines (Innovate My School), edited books (NQT: A guide to your first year in teaching) and for his own professional blog (valuediversity-teacher.co.uk)